Looking for a unique and fun party activity? Look no further than The Magic Brush team of SFX makeup artists! SFX makeup parties are the ultimate party entertainment activity for kids and teens of all ages. From super heroes to dinosaurs, zombies to vampires, our talented SFX makeup artists will bring the magic alive and help you create an event which lives on forever in the memories of those who attended.
Let The Magic Brush team amaze your guests with a tailored kids and teens SFX makeup party. Book your spot now to avoid disappointment!
Our SFX makeup parties for children and teens are offered in two options:
– Our artists apply the makeup onto your guests. From cuts to wounds, blood and bruises, allow 11 per minutes per child, with a maximum of eight kids per booking. A minimum of 1.5 hours booking required.
– Get your hands dirty – we will guide you into turning yourself or each other into something horrific! All materials supplied.
During the Get Your Hands Dirty option, we will teach three SFX makeup techniques:
– Bruising and Black Eyes – we’ll spend time discussing the stages and healing of bruises: the initial redness as blood vessels burst. then how bruises change colour from greeny-blue to purple, to red and yellow-green, before they start fading.
– Textures – we’ll demonstrate the different textures SFX makeup can have: cotton, tissue and latex. We’ll show how various textures can be achieved using those materials, plus coffee grinds, and spend time going over the various painting techniques which can be used.
– Cuts and Wounds – we’ll have your guests experimenting with a few options including waxes & gelatin. We’ll show how to use face paint and add blood, plus use the bruise wheel. Splatter blood will be introduced using a range of blood types. Finally we’ll discuss and demonstrate bruising around the wound.
– Prosthetics – we’ll have some ready-made liquid latex prosthetics your guests can try and apply.
As latex is one of the materials commonly used in SFX makeup, it’s important you let us know if any guests have a latex allergy.
Latex removal can take some time, even using hot steam and a warm towel, so patience is required.
Removal of all applied SFX makeup is the responsibility of you and your guests. We recommend:
– Iso Alcohol – cleaning tools and to sanitize
– Iso Myristate (oil) is a gentle prosthetic remover that breaks down the latex
– Any cooking or baby oil will break down the applied prosthetic
Full prosthetic removal instruction here: Prosthetic Removal Instructions
We have a large network of local artists in: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Tauranga, Taupo, Rotorua, Waikato
From time to time, we might be able to arrange for artists in the following cities, depending on availability. Please contact us before booking these cities and the rest of New Zealand: Nelson, Gisborne, Hawkes Bay, Napier, Whangamata, Tairua, Waiheke Island, Gulf Harbour, Orewa, Whangaparoa and Great Barrier Island. Travel and accommodation fees where applicable are additional.
The majority of our team is based in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. However we do have artists located in Hamilton, Taupo, Tauranga, Rotorua, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Napier & the Hawkes Bay.
Our artists are available for travel NZ wide for a travel fee and we can arrange accommodation too if overnight travel is required for corporate events.
If they’re available, absolutely! If they’re not available we’ll do our best to move things in order to accommodate you request. Alternatively, we can book from our large pool of artists and will book someone with a similar style and level of experience.
Our online booking system allows bookings four days prior to your event. While we do have a large network of artists available, it is recommended that you book in advance.
In the rare instance, if we are unable to fill your booking request, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified ASAP. For our private clients, we do require full payment prior to confirming a booking.
October through to May is our busy corporate season, so artist availablility might be limited. Please refer to the cancellation and changes terms below.
Our artists are priced at industry standard rates, meaning our prices are super competitive amongst other professional companies.
We do offer some premium add-on options, but they are totally optional to make your event experience unforgettable.
Our artists are all self-employed professionals and are re-imbursed accordingly. We are also GST registered so all prices include GST and will be reflected in your invoice.
Our artists contstantly particapate in training workshops and our company constantly offers our artists upskilling options, with their knowledge and skill constantly being taken to the next level.
Yes, all our contract artists are covered under our $2m policy through AIG Insurance. An Insurance certificate can be provided upon request.
5-18 years old, but we can tailor to suit if required. If you have a specific request, don’t hesitate to get in touch
All materials will be provided by The Magic Brush artists. We can however source theme based materials or specified craft options for an extra cost.
1 large table big enough to fit the number of kids at your party, with a disposable table cloth (SFX parties are messy business!) We recommend kids arrive with a change of clothes or old jumper to wear on top. We will provide the rest!
SFX parties can be a lot for one set of eyes, adult supervision is required at all times!
Health and Hygiene is top of our artist’s lists and they are all given correct instructions on and regularly practice sanitization methods. We can provide our business HSE plan for our corporate clients in addition to our site-specific plan for larger events. We carry baby wipes and hand sanitizer / iso alcohol and use Dettol to keep everything clean and tidy. Brushes are thoroughly rinsed between clients and sterilized and cleaned between parties. For everyone’s safety, we will not face paint anyone who appears to have a skin condition or any form of illness.
Our artists apply the makeup onto your guests:
1.5 hr min booking – $260 incl GST – upto 8 Kids
Incls Prosthetics, blood, cuts/wounds, bruising this allows approx 11 mins per child
Get your hands dirty:
Prices starting from $450 incl GST for a 3 hour booking for up to 12 kids, materials. Please note 15 mins set up and 30 pack down is included, so this will keep the kids engaged for 2 hrs, 15mins.
– additional travel costs apply for locations more than 15km from CBD
– bookings after 5pm incur a 20% surcharge
– clients are also required to provide queue control, pigtails or barriers for large events.
– parking charges are additional unless a car park can be provided for our artists
Bookings are only confirmed once full payment has been made. Upon booking confirmation, our artists schedules are confirmed also.
In the unlikely event that we don’t have an available artist in your area, travel can be arranged for an additional fee. We will notify you of this at the time of your booking and if this is unsuitable, you will be entitled to a full refund.
Please refer to our terms and conditions and cancellation policy